WHAT IS WING CHUN?
To put it simply, Wing Chun is a martial art created by a woman that allows technique and skill to bypass strength when it comes to fighting and self-defense. However, Wing Chun encompasses more than just techniques. Wing Chun has a wide array of concepts and ideas that help you, whether in fighting or in your life.
WHAT IS DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WING CHUN AND OTHER ARTS?
Unlike some martial arts, Wing Chun is a martial arts that centers around effective self-defense. Wing Chun is a system that has undergone trials and errors for more than 400 years with one goal in mind: self-defense. As a result, Wing Chun does not have a lot of “flare”, yet it is one of the most effective martial arts out there.
Although Wing Chun was created with self-defense in mind, Wing Chun also teaches you many core values that will improve your quality of life. Wing Chun assists you to improve your body, spirit, and mind to achieve your goals.
You will find that:
- Wing Chun is fast, effective, and powerful while retaining its flexible nature to respond to real-world threats
- You will have to think about your positioning or movements, thus improving your focus and your mind
- Wing Chun is like chess sometimes. There are “puzzles” or challenges that you must overcome with your technique
- Some concepts are unique only to Wing Chun
- Some philosophic ideas may change the way you live
WHAT SEPARATES US FROM OTHER WING CHUN SCHOOLS?
- Authentic. We are proud to have two 2nd generation Ip Man Lineage instructors here at Wong Long Wing Chun OC. You will find that our knowledge of the art is beyond excellence. We also believe in passing down the real art rather than hold back our knowledge so we can sell it to you at a later date. We make sure that our price is affordable for those who truly want to learn Wing Chun.
- Skill. In addition to leading classes, our instructors are dedicated to practicing and mastering the art. They are constantly refining and researching techniques to ensure that the quality of the art does not degrade.
- Practical. Since authentic Wing Chun is based on self-defense, authentic Wing Chun works in the real-world. We do not train primarily to win tournaments or competitions, we train to win fights.
- Character. We are here to help you, not to prove ourselves. Our instructors and students are held accountable to a high standard in terms of character. You will find that our environment is welcoming and fosters growth.
IS LEARNING WING CHUN EASY?
Nothing worth having comes easy.
Learning Wing Chun takes a commitment of time and money. Wing Chun is not for you if you don’t like the idea of investing time and energy into yourself. Just like any skill, becoming good at Wing Chun takes time and discipline, but you will find it incredibly rewarding. Not only will you become a better version of yourself, you will be able to protect yourself and your loved ones.
If you are worried about not being able to keep up with the class, don’t! We usually adjust the challenge level of each drills to the student’s skill level.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
Our price varies with the amount of classes you choose to take (about $100 – $150 per month). With this in mind, we truly believe in charging you a fair price for the tuition; you will definitely get more than what you pay for. Before you decide, we highly encourage you to schedule your free intro class with us; it’ll help you determine if our studio is right for you. It is also important to keep in mind that we will provide you with all the knowledge and tools necessary to advance your skills, but we cannot provide you the will.
CAN ANYONE LEARN WING CHUN?
We also have school policies that you must follow to preserve our good learning environment. A good character or the willingness to become good is required to become a student. If you have medical conditions, let us know so we can assess the situation
CAN MY KIDS STUDY WING CHUN?
We have two kids class for 5-12 years olds. However, we still have to assess whether or not your child is suitable for our program. Although we are confident that Wing Chun will benefit you and your child, we have the responsibility tell you if your child is not yet ready for Wing Chun.
If you are worried about the cost, we do offer family discounts and promotions to assist you. Again, we recommend that you stop-by before deciding.
CAN WOMEN LEARN WING CHUN?
Absolutely. Wing Chun is one of the few arts that does not require a lot of strength. Being the only martial art created by a woman, Wing Chun focuses on bypassing strength using speed, technique, and skill. Learning Wing Chun is one of the best ways for women to learn practical self-defense.
DID WE ANSWER ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS?
If you have any additional questions about our programs, please call or text us at (949)607-6138 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org