Adult Wing Chun Orange County
Our adult program is designed to teach you practical self-defense skills and authentic Wing Chun. You will learn top of the line self defense that allow you to fight a stronger opponent, multiple attackers, survive violent arguments, and even counter an armed attacker. Our goal is to teach you how to defend yourself effectively within the first 6 months of training (using Wing Chun), then take your skills to the next level by refining your techniques.
Keep in mind that mastering Wing Chun will definitely take more than 6 months. Wing Chun takes years to master and a lifetime to perfect. It takes time because Wing Chun goes beyond just basic self-defense. It covers more advanced aspects of fighting and centers around efficient technique development which takes time to learn and implement. But with us guiding you, you will know exactly step-by-step how to go about truly mastering Wing Chun.
Who Signs Up For Our Adult Class?
Wing Chun isn’t for everyone. If one of these descriptions fit you, you should definitely consider studying Wing Chun
- People who love the concept of fighting SMARTER instead of HARDER. Wing Chun is one of the few systems that utilizes concepts that allow you to fight effectively. It’s all about moving efficiently so you can out fight your opponent instead of trying to beat them with brute force. Sure you can figure out how to fight smart by yourself, but why reinvent the wheel when there is hundreds of years worth of experience that you can learn from.
- Men and women who aren’t 230 lb Hulks. We always tell our students there is someone out there who is stronger than you are. If you train like you are the strongest person on earth, you will have a bad time if you face someone stronger. In Wing Chun, we always assume someone is stronger. We focus on developing proper technique to overcome strength. If you train properly, you will be able to defeat people with technique regardless of the strength difference.
- Women who wants to have a chance of defending themselves. There is no doubt martial arts like boxing and krav maga would help you fight against an aggressor (usually men who would be stronger than you are). The problem is most arts have weight classes or train as if you won’t be fighting a stronger opponent. The result? Techniques that won’t work against someone bigger and stronger than you are. That’s the ugly truth. You’ll have no chance when it comes to real life situations. Wing Chun is the only art created by a women. It takes into consideration of size and strength. All of our techniques are designed so that you can defeat someone bigger and stronger than you are.
- Martial Artists that wants to improve their stand-up fighting. Wing Chun has one of the best countering and blocking systems when it comes to stand-up and striking. Wing Chun utilizes trapping and simultaneous blocks and attacks to have an edge over your opponent. Even if you aren’t looking to switch over to Wing Chun, a lot of our concepts and techniques would improve your current skills (that’s why Anderson Silva practices Wing Chun).
- People who love Bruce Lee. Bruce Lee was one of the key martial artists that made Wing Chun famous. He studied Wing Chun under Ip Man and created Jeet Kune Do from Wing Chun. Those powerful punches and kicks didn’t come from thin air.
- People who have seen Ip Man movies and would like to see it in real life. Even though it is a movie, it’s not that far off from real life. A lot of our movements are as fast and as effective as seen in the movies. Our master actually studied directly from Ip Man, that’s as authentic as it’s going to get.
How Do I Get Started?
Ready to try it out? Simply sign up for a FREE class by clicking the link to get our Class Schedule and class details!